Regardless of open positions Sweet Pete's is always looking for good people. Whether you're new to cycling or hold multiple KOM's on Strava, as long as you love to ride and want to inspire others, we'd love to hear from you.
About Sweet Pete’s
We view our hiring of new staff as some the most important decisions we make and we like to do it a bit differently than most. Of course bike experience is useful (and passion for cycling is a must), however, we look first and foremost for personality. When you're in the market for a new bike, you've got a ton of options. Being able to speak to someone who can truly find out your needs, relate to your concerns and find solutions is what separates Sweet Pete's from the rest. Our staff are friendly, honest, enthusiastic people who are completely empowered to ensure that every customer is satisfied with their experience every time.
Job title: Service Writer
Reports to: Service Lead
Performing in-take of customer bicycles for repair/maintenance
* Ascertains bicycle problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test rides; checking bicycle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
* Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and
* Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer’s payment, including deductibles.
* Prepares work orders by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering work orders into service database system.
* Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of bicycle; obtaining customer’s approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers or email; answering questions and concerns.
* Maintains bicycle records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities such as industry and manufacturer training.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
On the spot repairs
* Performing minor repairs such as derailleur and brake adjustments, flat repair and other various quick fixes.
* Calls customers to remind them of upcoming service appointments
* Calls customers to remind them to pick-up bikes that have been serviced
* Tracks Service Center goals
* Keeps shop clean and organized bringing bike to and from warehouse
* Takes responsibility of maintaining work order database.