SILCA has partnered with Vittoria to create the highest-quality, lowest-rolling-resistance, finest-riding inner tube, sized for modern clincher tire setups.
Compared to standard butyl rubber bicycle inner tubes, latex tubes are considerably more elastic (10x elongation compared to 2-3x). More importantly, latex rubber has a significantly lower coefficient of damping, which means that when latex rubber is stretched or flexed, it returns to shape faster and with less energy loss.
What does this mean for an inner tube? Latex inner tubes are generally 2-5 Watts (per tire) more efficient at 30mph than tubes made of other materials. They are harder to pinch-flat and offer superior ride quality, especially when combined with supple, low-rolling-resistance tires. This tube has been sized to fit tires measuring 24-30mm, which will equate to 23-28mm tires used on modern wider rims. Valve stem length is 42mm and will work in all modern disc wheels.
- Optimized for tires measuring: 24-30MM (Tires marked 22-28mm when used on wide rims, or tires marked 24-30mm used on older narrow rims)
- Premium Latex
- 42mm Aluminum alloy valve, 10 grams lighter than Brass alloy valves, and works in all modern disc wheels
- Removable Presta valve core
- 78 grams
• Optimized for tires measuring: 24-30mm (Tires marked 22-28mm when used on wide rims, or tires marked 24-30mm used on older narrow rims)
• Premium Latex
• 42mm Aluminum alloy valve
• 10 grams lighter than Brass alloy valves and works in all modern disc wheels
• Removable Presta valve core
• 78 grams
So these tubes are not cheap, but in the video, why did Josh call them the 'Biggest Bang For Your Buck'?
• SILCA Latex Inner Tube Upgrade (2 wheels): 4-10 Watts savings, $40
• Full Wheelset Ceramic Bearing Upgrade (6 cartridges): 0.8-1 watt savings, $400-1000
• Ceramic bearing derailleur pulleys: 1-3 Watts savings, $200-400
• Newest Aero Road Helmet: 4-8 Watts savings, $300
SILCA Latex Tube Installation
|700c x 24 – 30 / 42mm||853740005831||AM-AC-002-ASY-0100||SIL22545926Y|