The Cleary Owl is a compact, high-performance bicycle suitable for both boys and girls, with a playful design and a simple build. With front and rear hand brakes the rider is able to maintain total control, while internal cable routing and a three-piece crank make the bike simple to manage and ride. The single-speed drivetrain keeps things straightforward, while the lightweight build lets kids manipulate it easily. Perfect for the adventurous child, this bike has the durability and high-quality design to accompany them on many journeys.
First time riders feel safest with their bottom on the saddle and their feet flat on the ground. That's how a child with a 21" inseam will fit the Owl with the seat post dropped as low as possible. Once kids get more comfortable on two wheels, they'll want to sit on the saddle with the balls of their feet on the ground. Thus, a confident rider with a 19" inseam and a first-time rider with a 21" inseam may both feel comfortable with the same set-up on their Owl.
• Clever bike geometry centers weight between the rider’s hands and seat, creating a stable, quick-handling bike
• Tektro V-Brakes - Front and rear hand brakes designed specifically for little hands
• Slim, junior race-style vegan leather saddle designed to maximize a rider’s range of motion while minimizing chafing and weight
• 5mm Allen skewer on front and rear wheels
• Internal brake cable routing
• Water Bottle cage mounts on down tube
• Three-piece crank and square taper bottom bracket
• Reinforced steel fork
• Single speed drivetrain
• Grips, riser handlebars and brake levers designed for small hands (slightly wider than on the Hedgehog)
• 32x19 gear ratio
• Flip flop rear hub enables two freewheels to be mounted at once, and a cog range from 13 teeth to 21 teeth
• The Owl accepts knobby mountain bike tires up to 2.125" for extreme off-road use
• Best fit for riders with an inseam of 19" to 23"
• Weight: 19 lbs !