The Hedgehog is a "do anything" bike. Kids drop stairs, tackle technical trails or hunt for caterpillars in the neighbourhood. Pure biking goodness in a pint-sized package, the Hedgehog is the perfect single-speed bike for adventurous young riders. Super stable for added confidence for tackling jumps, curbs, etc. With great emphasis placed on weight and geometry, the Cleary Hedgehog is fine tuned to ensure proper stability and responsive handling.
First time riders feel safest with their bottom on the saddle and their feet flat on the ground. That's how a child with an 18" inseam will fit the Hedgehog with the seat post dropped as low as possible. Once kids get more comfortable on two wheels, they'll want to sit on the saddle with the balls of their feet on the ground. Thus, a confident rider with a 17" inseam and a first-time rider with a 19" inseam may both feel comfortable with the same set-up on their Hedgehogs.
• Feathery light at 16 lbs.
• Best fit for riders with an inseam of 17" to 21"
• Grips, riser handlebars and brake levers designed for small hands.
• Single speed drive train
• Flip-flop rear hub allows for choice of rear cog on freewheel model, for customized gear ratio
• Front and rear child-specific hand brakes
• 5mm Allen skewer on front and rear wheel
• Hedgehog Bikes do not accept training wheels
• Hedgehogs ship with a 500mm wide riser bar
• Three-piece crank and square taper bottom bracket
• Slim, junior race-style vegan leather saddle designed to maximize a rider’s range of motion while minimizing chafing
• Internal brake cable routing