E-bikes are electric-enhanced bicycles with a motor, battery and computer display. They provide a quiet and non-polluting boost to your own pedal power, so you can ride farther and faster with less effort. These bikes offer quick and easy-to-control power and a long-lasting removable battery that can be easily and quickly recharged at any household outlet.
Sweet Pete's has now been selling and servicing electric assist bikes for 10 years. We know the bikes and systems, how they work and what option will work best for anyone interested in owning an electric assist bicycle. We stock e-bikes from brands like Trek, Electra, Giant and utility e-bikes from Benno and Yuba.
Read on to learn more about the various electric assist bikes we sell and service. Shop for e-bikes now.
Can a bicycle replace a car? Let Trek Super Commuter+7 answer that question for you! Trek pairs their most advanced e-bike technologies with Bosch's longest lasting battery for a ride that redefines the experience of getting around on two wheels.
a) Bosch PowerPack 500 (500Wh) motor integrated low into the frame for superior handling
b) Bosch Performance 250 watt removable battery for up to 60kms* of range
c) Wide and stable Schwalbe Super Moto-X 27.5 x 2.4 tires with puncture protection
d) A sturdy streamlined rear rack allows you to carry up to 33 lbs
e) Integrated front and rear lights ensure you'll be seen at night
f) Full-coverage fenders provide excellent wet weather protection
g) Shimano Deore Shadow Plus rear derailleur offers reliable shifting in rugged conditions
h) Shimano hydraulic disc brakes offer the ultimate in stopping power and precision
i) The Bosch Purion display gives you all the information you need at the touch of a button
j) Light weight alloy frame with integrated battery for a sleek urban look
k) Carbon fork with 15mm thru-axle for a comfortable and responsive ride
*Range will vary according to riding habits, terrain and weather
We're stocking the state-of-the-art Giant QuickE+ transit bike designed for the person who wants to travel quickly and easily in an urban enviroment. Featuring Hybrid Cycling Technology which combines your pedal power with a electric motor from the experts at Yamaha to produce the most efficient, powerful (80nm) and natural E-bike riding experience. Adding to that experience is Giant's new PedalPlus 4-sensor technology, which precisely measures the amount of force a rider is applying to the pedals so that the motor delivers a seamless power boost.
Trek Ride+ Bikes
Bikes like the Trek Verve+, Conduit+, Lift+ and Powerfly 5 feature the reliable and easy to operate Shimano STEPS and Bosch electric assist systems. These lightweight (from 20kg) and ultra-comfortable bikes feature smooth, controlled and unbelievably fun power boost with stable and confident handling from the well balanced mid-drive motor. The easy to charge at home (4 hrs for full charge) down-tube battery means very little down time and the freedom to mount a rear rack for cargo.
Explore Trek e-bikes
Go to work. Go to the beach. Go to the store. Go further. Go somewhere you’ve never been before. Wherever it is, Electra’s Bosch-powered Go e-bikes make it easier, faster and way more fun to get there. Bikes like the Loft Go and Townie Go are battery-powered, pedal-assist bikes that combine fashion with function and let you ride like the wind without breaking a sweat. The comfort of Townie’s Flat Foot Technology frame and Loft's upright and smooth ride, makes them impossible not to smile when riding. Multi-gear functionality lets you control output and battery life, making them perfect urban e-bikes built to handle the rigors of the streets and bike paths. And of course, they looks as awesome as they ride.
When you've got stuff to carry around, and want to skip the car, utility e-bikes like the Yuba Spicy Curry and Benno Boost E are the answer! Their elongated racks will handle just about anything you want to transport! Optional rack bags will have you carrying everything from groceries to rock climbing equipment and room for a child seat means you can carry them too! And you’ll get it all there and back in style, without breaking a sweat! Who needs a car!
Explore utility e-bikes.
Commonly Asked Questions
Electric assist bikes have been around for years but with new motor and battery technology, today's E-bikes have come a long way. Here are answers to some of the questions we hear regularly,
1) How far can I go on one charge? The exact range of all of these E-bikes is influenced by factors like terrain, rider weight, weather and what power assist level you select but on average the E-bikes we stock feature a range of 60 to 135 km per charge.
2) How long does it take to charge the battery? The batteries on the bikes we stock take anywhere from 3 to 4 hours to reach full charge.
3) How much do these bikes weight? With different sizes and makes of batteries, motors and frames, the weights can vary. Bikes like the Trek Lift+ weigh from roughly 20.32 kg (44.8 lbs) all the way to 25.4 kg (56 lbs) for the Electra Townie Go. The Giant Quick-E+ weighs 23.4 kg (51.2 lbs) and the Trek Powerfly 5 weighs approximately 22kg (48.5 lbs). The BionX system will add about 8.8 kg (19.4 lbs) to the weight of the bicycle.
4) What kind of warranty do these bikes come with? Trek's Ride+ bikes as well as Giant's E-bikes and BionX all feature a 2 year warranty (or 600 charges, whichever comes first) on motor, controller, & battery pack for the original owner only. Both the Trek and Giant E-bikes come with a lifetime warranty on the frame and rigid fork.
5) How fast can I go on these bikes? The E-bikes we sell have a limited speed of 32 kph ( 19.9 mph).
6) How old do I need to be to operate an e-bike? All operators and passengers must be at least 16 years of age.
7) Do I need a license to ride an e-bike? Electric bikes are classified as bicycles, therefore no license, registration or insurance is required.
For further information on what is and isn't allowed in regards to E-bikes in Ontario please click here
$2,499.99 - $3,699.99$3,699.99