Regardless of open positions Sweet Pete's is always looking for good people. Whether you're new to cycling or hold multiple KOM's on Strava, as long as you love to ride and want to inspire others we'd love to hear from you.
We are currently looking for full and part-time Service and Sales staff for the upcoming 2017 season! Service Dept. job descriptions below.
Job title: Production Mechanic
Reports to: Service Manager
Work Order Completion
- Production Mechanic completes work order tickets from the work order queue in POS in a timely manner
- Perform the following services (in agreed upon time frame)
- All service shop tune-up packages from basic to comprehensive.
- Ala carte services per service menu including but not limited to
- Cable and housing replacement
- Adjust/repair derailleur’s
- Adjust/repair brakes
- Replace/repair shifters
- Replace chain, cassette, bar tape/grips - Wheel true and dish
- Wheel builds
- Overhaul suspension
- Drivetrain cleaning
- Disc brake and dropper post service
- Inspect and assess frame and components for damage or replacement
- Communicate with customers regarding timing of work order completion and/or modifications to quote based upon inspection
- On the spot repairs as needed
- Interacting and providing great customer service with customers on the phone and in person
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Year round employment opportunities.
- Will include weekend shifts.
Job title: Service Writer
Reports to: Service Lead
Performing in-take of customer bicycles for repair/maintenance
- Ascertains bicycle problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test rides; checking bicycle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer’s payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares work orders by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering work orders into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of bicycle; obtaining customer’s approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers or email; answering questions and concerns.
- Maintains bicycle records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities such as industry and manufacturer training.
Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
On the spot repairs
- Performing minor repairs such as derailleur and brake adjustments, flat repair and other various quick fixes.
- Calls customers to remind the of upcoming service appointments
- Calls customers to remind them to pick-up bikes that have been serviced.
- Takes responsibility of maintaining work order database.
About Sweet Pete’s
We view our hiring of new staff as some the most important decisions we make and we like to do it a bit differently than most. Of course bike experience is useful (and passion for cycling is a must), however, we look first and foremost for personality. When you're in the market for a new bike, you've got a ton of options. Being able to speak to someone who can truly find out your needs, relate to your concerns and find solutions is what separates Sweet Pete's from the rest. Our staff are friendly, honest, enthusiastic people who are completely empowered to ensure that every customer is satisfied with their experience every time.